The F10 M5 needed its V8 soundtrack unlocked, and a notable kick in horsepower wouldn't be a bad thing either. The most straightforward way to accomplish this goal was by deploying a 180 Technology-armed axle back configuration. The result? A system that is both comfortable on the highway at cruising speeds, and aggressive when you're ready to drop the hammer.
As exhaust gases exit the M5's S63B44TU V8 engine and flow into an AWE Tuning 180 Technology equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. More on AWE Tuning 180 Technology in the tab above.
- Peak power of 12 hp and 26 tq at the crank
- Max gains of 28 hp and 34 tq at the crank
- Axle-back design provides power with simplicity
- Hand crafted 3" T304 Stainless Steel construction
- No Check Engine Light - Guaranteed
- Laser cut fixtures ensure perfect fitment, guaranteed
- Featuring the AWE Tuning Lifetime Exhaust Warranty
- Engineered, designed, dyno tested, street proven and manufactured in-house at AWE Tuning
Prop 65 Warning : Cancer and Reproductive Harm