The AWE Tuning Touring Edition Exhaust is an axle-back system that leverages AWE Tuning's proprietary sound cancellation solution, 180 Technology, to produce the a signature, sophisticated, drone-free exhaust note.
As exhaust gases exit the N55/B58 engines and flow into an AWE Tuning 180 Technology equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies.
- Touring Edition Axle-back features AWE Tuning's proprietary drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology
- Max gains of 8hp and 15ft-lbs of torque at the crank (M235i)
- Less is more: clean, non-baffled, straight-through design maximizes performance
- Handcrafted from U.S.-sourced CNC mandrel-bent .065? wall T304L stainless steel
- 90mm or 102mm double-walled adjustable tips available in chrome silver or diamond black
- Engineered, designed, and manufactured in-house at AWE Tuning
- Perfect fitment - guaranteed
- No Check Engine Light Guarantee
- Featuring the AWE Tuning Lifetime Exhaust Warranty
Prop 65 Warning : Cancer and Reproductive Harm