The AWE Tuning Touring Edition Axle-back Exhaust is straight-through axle back system available as dual outlet (single side, two tips) for the 28i / 30i, or quad outlet (two tips on each side) for the 28i leverages AWE Tuning's proprietary drone-cancelling solution, 180 Technology to produce the perfect, drone-free exhaust note.
As exhaust gases exit the N20/26 and B48 engines and flow into an AWE Tuning 180 Technology -equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. More on AWE Tuning 180 Technology in the tab above.
- Touring Edition Axle-back features AWE Tuning's proprietary drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology
- Handcrafted from 3" U.S.-sourced CNC mandrel-bent T304 stainless steel
- Direct bolt-on for factory-like simplicity
- Engineered, designed and manufactured in-house at AWE Tuning
- Perfect fitment - guaranteed
- No Check Engine Light - Guaranteed
- Featuring the AWE Tuning Lifetime Exhaust Warranty
BMW 3-Series 2012-2016 / 4-Series 2014-2016
Prop 65 Warning : Cancer and Reproductive Harm